Healthy 1 Minute Low Carb Vanilla Mug Cake
- 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder (32-34 grams)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- 1 T coconut flour.
- 1 T granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 large egg OR 1/4 cup liquid egg whites (see notes for Vegan option)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond/coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract.
- Chocolate chips to top (optional)
For the microwave option
Grease a microwave safe bowl with cooking spray and add the protein powder, baking powder, coconut flour, sweetener of choice and mix well.
Add the egg/whites and mix into the dry mixture. Add the milk of choice and vanilla extract- If batter is too crumbly, continue adding milk of choice until a very thick batter is formed. Top with chocolate chips and microwave for 60 seconds, or until just cooked in the centre.
For the oven option
Follow as above, but bake in the oven for 8-15 minutes, depending on consistency desired- Mug cake is cooked once a toothpick comes out ‘just’ clean from the center.