Penne with prosciutto, tomatoes and zucchini
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz prosciutto, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lenghtwise and sliced
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 oz parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook the penne according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the prosciutto and cook for about 2 minutes or until crisp. Remove the prosciutto from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil to the skillet, chopped onion, garlic and red pepper flakes and stir. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Add the zucchini to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes then add the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 more minutes then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the penne, balsamic vinegar, prosciutto, half of the Parmesan cheese and the parsley.
- Divide into 4 bowls and garnish with the leftover Parmesan cheese.