Try out this light but tasty easy recipe for a satisfying lunch or as a side dish to your main meal of the day! This salad is as nutritious as it is colourful and is typical of the meals found on the Ozone Nutrition Plans. As with all our recipes it is available to pick up from our ‘Recipe Wall’ in-house.
Chopped Greek Salad
- 2 cups of quartered, sliced cucumber
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of finely diced red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 and ½ cups of halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ½ cup halved olives
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley
- For the dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously to combine. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
For the salad:
Place the cucumbers, chickpeas, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, olives and onion in a large bowl, stir to combine. Add dressing to taste and toss to coat. Stir in parsley. Sprinkle the feta cheese over the top and serve.