4 Easy Lunch Options
These 4 easy lunch options are a great way to prep your food to bring to work. Prepping is the key to success.
5 Min Spicy Asian Chicken 5
- 2 bags shredded carrots
- 2 bags of shredded salad (alternately you could use slaw mix + shredded kale)
- 2 Tbs black sesame seeds
- 1 jalapeno sliced very fine into halves (more or less according to taste, I like it SPICY!)
- 1 cooked chicken, torn into shreds
- juice of 2 limes
- 4 Tbs Tamari (tamari is a gluten free soy sauce) or regular soy sauce
- 1 Tbs Siracha
- 5-6 drops liquid stevia (alternately you could use a drizzle of honey or maple syrup but I like to keep it sugar free)
Simply put all ingredients into a large plastic bag and shake vigorously until well incorporated. Adjust flavors as needed
Sriracha Lime Chicken Chopped Salad
This is the 2nd of our 4 easy lunch options
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups lettuce, chopped (I use this salad chopper)
- 8 pineapple slices, using pineapple corer
- 1 cup organic grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tsp raw honey
- Dash fine sea salt
Heat the grill to medium heat.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a bowl or marinade dish, combine sirarcha and lime.
Add chicken and let marinade in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, the longer the better.
Once ready to cook, add chicken to the greased grill.
Cut pineapple using pineapple corer and add to grill, grill for 3-4 minutes on each side.
While they are grilling, chop lettuce, then chop avocado, tomato, and red onion and add to serving dish.
Whisk together dressing, taste, and adjust seasoning as desired (i.e. more lime, additional sea salt, additional vinegar)- place in fridge until ready to use.
Once chicken is done cooking, assemble the salad, toss with dressing and enjoy!
Sweet and Sour Broccoli Salad
This is the 3rd of our 4 easy lunch options
- about ½ cup of sweet and sour sauce
- 3 small stalks of broccoli, cleaned, cut into small florets and blanched
- 1 TB of sesame oil,
- black sesame seeds,
- a handful of roasted cashews,
- and 2 stalks of sliced green scallions.
- Spoon out 1/4 a cup of sweet and sour sauce in a large glass bowl. Next add the broccoli and mix. Make sure the florets are evenly coated with the sauce. Drizzle with a tablespoon of sesame oil and mix. Toss in your preferred amount of sesame seeds and a little bit more sweet and sour sauce if desired. Throw in a handful of roasted cashews and mix. Finish with some scallions and give it one last stir.
- Plate on a large plate or in a glass container and drizzle additional sauce if needed. This makes about 3 ½ cups and leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
This is the 4th of our 4 easy lunch options
- 3: 70 gram cans of tuna, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cucumber, sliced thinly and diced
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sesame seeds, as garnish
- In a large bowl, break up the tuna into smaller pieces.
- Mix in the red bell pepper, red onion, and cucumber. Pour the sesame oil on top and stir to combine everything. Lastly add the juice of 1 lime and stir again to combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste and garnish with sesame seeds before serving.