Feta Kale Eggs Florentine
This easy Kale Feta Egg Toast is like classic eggs florentine, but fast and healthy! Sautéed kale mixed with creamy feta served on toast with a fried egg. The recipe below will serve up to two people.
- 2 slices multigrain bread or whole meal bread
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, plus additional for seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, plus additional for seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Toast bread in a toaster and set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Add the kale, stir to coat, then cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook 1 additional minute. Remove from heat, stir in the feta cheese, then cover to keep warm.
- In a small skillet, heat the remaining teaspoon olive oil over medium. Gently crack eggs into skillet and sprinkle with a little extra salt and pepper.
- Cook until whites are nearly set, about 1 minute. Cover skillet, remove from heat, and let stand until whites are set but yolks are still soft, about 3 minutes.