Toasted Pistachio Muesli With Apple and Fig
Give this Muesli a go, bursting with flavours and guaranteed to warm you up in the mornings. A great weekend breakfast for when your not rushing out the door to work.
- 6 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup shelled roasted pistachios
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- milk, almond milk, or plain yogurt, for serving
- sliced apples, for serving
- sliced figs, for serving
Heat oven to 180. Combine the oats, pistachios, maple syrup, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, vanilla, ginger, and the salt in a large bowl. Transfer to 2 rimmed baking sheets. Bake, stirring and rotating the pans once, until golden brown, 18 to 24 minutes.
Serve the muesli with milk, almond milk, or plain yogurt, topped with sliced apple and fig.