AVOCADO STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
This delicious baked chicken dish is just bursting with flavours. Can be a healthy lunch option or just add some brown rice or sweet potato chips and have it for dinner. Even the kids will love it.
2 ripe fresh Hass avocados, pitted, peeled, sliced, and slices halved
4 chicken breast halves, pounded flat
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered & seeded
½ cup finely chopped white onion
1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
3 Tbsp lime juice
1 tsp grated lime zest
Salt to taste
1 clove garlic, chopped
½ tsp Pepper
- Place the chicken breasts on a flat, working surface.
- Mix avocados, tomatoes, onion, basil, lime juice, lime zest, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Reserve half of the mixture.
- Divide the remaining half onto the chicken breasts.
- Roll up the breasts, tucking in ends.
- Place in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Rub with the garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes, and until chicken is 165°F.
- Remove from oven.
- Cut each breast in half.
- Place on a platter with the reserved avocado mixture.
- Garnish with fresh basil, lime slices, small tomatoes and avocado slices (or any of these in different combinations).
Note: Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.