20 Minute Turkey Tacos with Apple Salsa
Try these 20-Minute Turkey Tacos with Apple Salsa, So quick and easy to prepare, they are perfect for busy weeknights for busy people. Naturally Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Nut-Free you could even swap tortillas for lettuce wraps.
For the Tacos:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow or white onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or grated
- 1 lb ground turkey, dark or light meat
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- Hot sauce to taste (optional)
- Grated white cheddar cheese (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Sliced avocado (optional)
For the Salsa:
- 2 large, sweet red apples (such as Fuji or Honeycrisp), finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 green onions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeño (optional)
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add the onion and ¼ teaspoon salt. Sauté 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened.
- Add the garlic, turkey, cumin, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook the turkey, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the salsa by combining the apples, lime juice, green onions, cilantro, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring to combine.
- Make the tacos by filling each tortilla with cooked turkey and topping with apple salsa. Add hot sauce, cheese and sour cream if you like.
Makes 8 Tacos.