SUMMER CHICKEN STEW
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 500g leeks, finely sliced
- 2 Plump garlic gloves, finely sliced
- 2 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 8 Chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 00g new potatoes, larger ones quartered, smaller ones halved
- 350ml chicken stock
- 200g green beans
- 350g frozen petit pois
- lemon wedges to serve
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the leeks, garlic and thyme, cover and cook gently for 10 mins, stirring occasionally. Season the chicken and tip into the dish with the potatoes.
- Turn up the heat, pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat and allow to gently bubble with the lid on for 35 mins. Add the green beans and peas for the final 10 mins of cooking. Season to taste, then ladle into bowls or lipped plates with a squeeze of lemon.