Prawn and Crab Cocktail Lettuce Cup
For the marie rose sauce:
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- juice and zest 1 lemon
- pinch of cayenne
For the tomato salsa
- 4 tomatoes deseeded and finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1½ tbsp Tabasco
3 Little Gem lettuces, leaves separated
300g cooked and peeled prawns
200g white crabmeat
½ bunch chives, snipped lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Mix together all the ingredients for the Marie Rose sauce and set aside in the fridge. Do the same with the tomato salsa ingredients. These can be chilled for up to 24 hrs.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves, prawns, crab and chives in separate bowls. Put everything on the table with a pile of lemon wedges.
- At the table, add some prawns and crab to the lettuce leaves, spoon over some tomato salsa and Marie Rose sauce, and scatter over a few chives. Squeeze over a little lemon juice, if you like.