GUILT FREE GREEK YOGURT HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
You are going to LOVE this Greek Yogurt Hollandaise Sauce without any guilt!
Serves: Yield 1 1/4 cup
- 1 cup plain yogurt*
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8-1/4 red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, more or less
- Place a strainer over a saucepan and place a bowl in the sieve, thoroughly beat yogurt, lemon juice, and egg yolks. Stir in garlic.
- Heat over approximately 1″ simmering water, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Stir in Dijon (starting with 1 teaspoon), cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and basil. Taste and add approximately 1/2 teaspoon sugar, more or less depending on how “sour” your yogurt is. Taste and add additional Dijon, salt, pepper and/or red pepper flakes if desired.
*Fat free, low fat or regular Greek Yogurt are all delicious. For extra decadence and still a fraction of the calories and fat of regular Hollandaise, use regular Greek yogurt.