Prawn Rice Salad
- 1 cup red rice or other whole-grain rice
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked medium prawns, chopped or one 15 ounce can chickpeas rinsed.
- 2 cups packed coarsely chopped baby spinach
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced sugar snap peas
- 1 cup diced radishes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Prepare rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, parsley (if using), mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
When the rice is done, stir ½ cup of the vinaigrette into it, then spread it on a baking sheet and let cool to room temperature.
Add the cooled rice to the remaining vinaigrette along with shrimp (or chickpeas), spinach, tomatoes, peas, radishes and feta; gently stir to combine.
Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Cut Down on Dishes: A rimmed baking sheet is great for everything from roasting to catching accidental drips and spills. For effortless cleanup and to keep your baking sheets in tip-top shape, line them with a layer of foil before each use.
Give grains a cooldown: To cool grains down quickly, spread them out on a foil-lined baking sheet. The surface area helps speed cooling, while the foil prevents any residual flavors on the pan from seeping in.