Brown Rice Bowl with Turkey
- 1 1/3 cups dry short-grain brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 (2-pound) bone-in turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Preheat over 180
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine rice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 cups broth, and 1 cup water; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, until rice is tender (about 45 minutes).
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with foil. Place turkey on sheet and coat with oil. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and brush with 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce. Roast, turning halfway through. Remove from oven and transfer turkey to a cutting board. Tent with foil and let rest (about 5 minutes).
- Stir spinach, scallions, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce into rice with remaining 1 cup warmed broth. Thinly slice turkey. Divide rice and sliced turkey among 4 bowls; drizzle each with sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.